This vegetarian meal is at the top of our favourites list, beside the Prawn and Asparagus Creamy Pasta. I’m not a big fan of spice and it does have quite a kick, but for this meal, I can ignore that and just enjoy.
If you prefer to add a little meat to your meal it would go very well with chicken or pork.
1 veg stock cube
2 nests medium egg noodles
1 small broccoli – broken into florets
1 tbsp olive oil
250g shiitake or chestnut mushrooms – thinly sliced
1 big clove garlic – finely chopped
½ tsp chilli flakes
4 spring onions, thinly sliced
2 tbsp hoisin sauce
handful roasted cashew nuts
- Bring stock to the boil and add noodles, bring back to the boil and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and boil for a further 2 minutes. Save 1 cup of the stock and then drain noodles and broccoli.
- In a large frying pan, add the oil and stir-fry the mushrooms until golden.
- Add the garlic, chilli and most of the spring onions. Cook for 1 minute.
- Tip in the noodles and broccoli, splash in 4 – 5 tbsp of the stock and the hoisin sauce.
- Using tongs, toss together for 1 minute.
- Serve scattered with the cashew nuts and remaining spring onions.
For more delicious recipes click HERE