This pescetarian dish is probably top of our list for favourite meals and only takes about 20 minutes to prepare and cook. If you don’t like prawns just leave them out, this dish is just as nice either way. Or you can change prawns for another fish or chicken.
For a vegan alternative use soya cream and vegan cheese.
1 bunch of medium asparagus
150ml double cream (or soya cream)
4 big cloves garlic, peeled and left whole
50g cheddar cheese (or vegan alternative)
350g king prawns
- To prepare the asparagus – remove the woody ends. A good way to tell where the woody part ends, bend the stem if it snaps easily, it’s good to use. Then neatly cut the tips away from the stalks. Keep tips and stalks separate.
- Pour the cream and garlic into a medium saucepan and gently bring to the boil, stirring continuously. Take away from the heat and remove the garlic. Set aside for later.
- Cook the asparagus stalks in a pan of boiling water for 4 – 5 minutes, until tender. Remove from the water and mash, then stir into the cream with the grated cheese.
- Top up the asparagus water and cook the tagliatelle as per package instructions. Add the asparagus tips 2 minutes before the end of cooking time.
- Gently reheat the cream while pasta is cooking and add the prawns, stir continuously.
- Drain pasta and add to bowl, pour the creamy prawns over the top and sprinkle with a little grated cheese.
This meal goes really well with a crusty roll.
For more campervan recipes click HERE