This vegetarian risotto is not only delicious, it’s very filling too. It does take about 45 minutes to prepare and cook, but it is well worth it as the end result is melt in your mouth scrummy.
25g butter, plus 2 small knobs more
1 small onion, finely chopped
195g courgette – half of which coarsely grated, the rest diced
88g risotto rice
¼ lemon zest and juice
600ml veg. stock, warmed
1 heaped tbsp mascarpone
12g cheddar cheese
2 tbsp olive oil
1 heaped tbsp toasted pine nuts
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and add the onion. Gently fry until softened but not browned.
- Stir in the grated courgettes and rice, increase the heat and sizzle whilst stirring for 1 – 2 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice and 1 ladleful of the stock, then bubble over a medium heat stirring constantly until the liquid has been absorbed. Keep adding the stock ladleful at a time, stirring, until the rice is just tender and creamy. About 20 – 25 minutes.
- Stir in the veg, cheese, mascarpone and seasoning. Cover and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Heat the remaining butter and a splash of oil and add diced courgette, fry over a high heat for 2 – 3 minutes. Until golden brown.
- Ladle risotto mix onto pasta dishes and sprinkle with the pine nuts, diced courgettes and a pinch of the lemon zest and enjoy.
For more delicious vegetarian recipes HERE